Primary Colors Raffia Giraffe Shelf Decor
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Be playful at any age!
These beautifully decorated toys are sophisticated and timeless. Decorate your animal-themed nursery with these beautiful home accessories. Whether you want to decorate your desk in your home office or on a bookshelf in your living room, these toys will elevate any space. Share your love for your friends and family with these personalized and thoughtful gifts. These accent pieces make the perfect gifts for both kids and adults.
These adorable, handmade toys will add sophisticated fun to any space!
- Approximately 7” W x 8” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
These delicately textured and woven toys were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weaver together raffia and banana fibers to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and banana fibers. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.