Stone Deep Bowl - 31" Raffia & Banana Bark
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Ready to be amazed?
This gorgeous piece is a true work of art. Use as exquisite accent decor for any tabletop or as eye-catching wall decor. A must-have for every home decor enthusiast or someone looking to give a personalized hostess gift for birthdays or weddings. You can also pair with other wall paintings or baskets. Each of these breathtaking designs was handmade by a talented woman in rural Uganda. There is a hand-stitched loop on the back of each basket for ready-to-hang wall art.
This oversized woven basket was made by a master craftsman in Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. The artisans use the raffia plant and banana fibers to weave them together to create this exquisite work of art.
- Approximately 31” D x 8” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes two weeks to complete.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
Our weavers strive to do the best for their families and even in a world where household goods are typically thought to be a woman's task, this incredible male weaver shares his story. “Although society might not associate males with weaving, I am not embarrassed because I am providing for my wife and child instead of sitting around without work...I have the courage to take risks and try new things if it means creating a better life for my family. One day, I hope to send my child to school and continue to improve my home.”
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.