Set of 3 Blue Night & Ether Raffia Boxes
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
This three piece lidded jar set is an elegant home decoration for your bookshelf and chic desk accessories in your home office. You can even use them as additional storage for bathroom accessories. These incredibly versatile boxes are begging to store home accessories in your living room and home office. Bundle with other baskets and vases for contemporary, gorgeous home accents.
Add a pop of color to any space with these stunning home decor and storage pieces.
- Large: approximately 8” D x 4” H
- Medium: approximately 6" D x 3" H
- Small: approximately 4" D x 2.5" H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural raffia and banana bark stalks
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together raffia and banana bark stalks to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Made of natural materials; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
One weaver, Conclilide Kabasinga, describes her success journey with KAZI and the confidence and work ethic women weavers have in their society “I didn't let being a woman stop me from succeeding in life...women are responsible and spend to improve daily life as well as society. We are good at communicating and quick to understand every situation. This is why I am so grateful for KAZI, because I see them giving women a chance to succeed.”