10" Medium Apricot Hope Round Basket
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET from RWANDA
Not too big, not too small, our Goldilocks Medium basket is a timeless favorite! Looking for a smaller fruit bowl for your countertop, an easy piece to hang on the wall, or the perfect size catch all for keys and clutter on your entryway furniture? This round bowl was created with you in mind. You can also use our African woven basket as a serving bowl for your favorite fresh fruit.
The silky fibers and exquisite color of the basket will satisfy the senses with every glimpse at the tightly woven basket. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back for a ready to hang piece of wall art.
- Approximately 10” D x 3” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural sisal fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
With a storied reputation for the finest basket weaving, Rwandan women have passed this skill from the hands of mothers to the hands of daughters for centuries. With multiple purposes, uses, and designs, these baskets are more than just tools for Rwandans. They are ornaments, heirlooms, art, gifts, symbols of culture, pieces of tradition, and embodiments of friendship. They are a source of pride for the nation as well as a livelihood for thousands. In many ways, baskets are deeply tied to the identity of Rwanda.