Jua Lamp Pendant 02
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Functional, practical, and stunning, our lighting pendants will shine in any space!
These beautiful pendants can be used as decoration and accent lighting anywhere in your home. Bought a new lamp and don’t like the shade? Easy fix! Replace the lamp shade for these beautifully crafted and decorative pendants. They are ready to hang over your dining room table or brighten up your home office for an eclectic and worldly feel.
These eye-catching woven lamp pendants were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together sweetgrass, raffia, and banana bark using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 12” D x 11” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia, sweetgrass, and banana bark
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but it is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, the KAZI team carefully dyes the dried strands to match Pantone colors. After, the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products right alongside caring for their families and farms. Imagine, the pendant in your home first started it’s life half a world away in a woman’s home in rural Uganda!