All Natural Woven Discs Queen Headboard
- 100% Fair Trade
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN GHANA
Original, tasteful, and versatile.
Whether you use it as a headboard, art piece or selfie spot, this headboard is a major standout. Mount it behind your bed or use it to frame your space with a boho-inspired statement piece.
- Approximately 60” W x 40” H
- Fits a queen size mattress
- Lightweight, mounts on wall (screws not included)
- Fair Trade
- Made in Ghana
- Products are made of elephant grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the grass
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*These delicately textured and handcrafted woven headboards were made by groups of women in intimate communities in the Bolgatanga region of Ghana in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- To clean or re-shape, simply wet it with cool water, shape it as needed, and allow it to air dry.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Meaning & Purpose
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process which might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Straw is collected and splitted then rolled/twisted for texture.
- Straw is dyed to give a vibrant color before weaving begins.
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.