6" Small Repulika Peach Round Basket
- 100% Fair Trade
- Low stock - 7 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET from UGANDA
Our bestselling basket makes its debut with bold and bright color schemes.
This incredibly versatile bowl can transform any wall in your home. Pair with other woven bowls or plates for a vibrant and composed feel. This handmade basket is both accent decor for any bookshelf and desk organization in your home office. Match with your favorite throw pillows and home decor in your living room, as a jewelry holder in your bedroom, or a catch-all for keys on your entryway furniture. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this stunning, ready to hang wall art.
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They use the raffia plant and sweet grass to weave them together.
- Approximately 6” D x 2” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of a kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.