16" Medium Black Woven Wall Disc Art
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Sexy, sophisticated, and eccentric!
These raffia fringed discs are an incredible statement piece for your home decor. Style it with other plates and baskets, these ready to hang fringed chargers will do all the talking! The exquisite raffia fibers are woven into a disc and then left to hang for a dramatic flair.
Style as a perfect accent to any room in your home.
These delicately textured and woven wall art pieces were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weaver together raffia and grass to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 16” D x 36” L
- Fair Trade
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Wall plates have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Uganda, officially known as the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country located in the central/east region of Africa. It borders Kenya, South Sudan, D.R. of the Congo, Tanzania, and Rwanda. It is geographically known for Lake Victoria which makes up for a large portion of its southern region. Uganda is within the Nile Basin, which causes equatorial climate conditions within the country. Uganda gained its independence from the UK in 1962 and the current capital is Kampala. Uganda is known for coffee, tea and other raw material exports, and now, today baskets and artisan craft are becoming a pride of the nation.