10" Color Blocked Ring Trivet
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
These hot pads are functional home decor !
This trivet serves as a hot pad protector for any countertop or tabletop and is sure to be a conversation started with family and friends you are serving. You can’t go wrong with a trivet as a thoughtful hostess gift for mom, grandma, or a new neighbor! Our sisal trivet can be a personalized gift that finds itself super useful in every home and will match your indoor and outdoor decor. If you happen to give it to a non-baker, the woven trivets are ready to hang on your wall as a simple yet breathtaking piece of wall art. Each trivet comes with a hand-stitched loop on the back so it is ready to hang.
These colorful, textured trivets were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Rwanda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together sweetgrass and sisal fibers using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 10” D
- Fair Trade, Certified Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana sticks
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Each trivet has a hand-stitched loop on the back for quick hanging
- Heat resistant, great for protecting tables and countertops
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small banana stick bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over several days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.