Multi-Colored Rhino Ornament (Assorted Colors)
- 100% Fair Trade
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Add a culturally inspired feel to your Christmas decorations!
Looking for a unique gift for coworkers or friends? These colorful holiday ornaments create an unexpected surprise and delightful feel to gift giving. Our ornaments add a globally inspired decorative flair to your home decor or mantle decorations during the holidays or just all year long!
- Approximately 4” L x 4.5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers
- Profiled artisan tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality Dutch wax fabric and natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handmade by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and Dutch wax fabric; do not submerge in water.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
Meaning & Purpose
The intricate designs and flawless work of an experienced artisan is never the result of luck. Rather, Ugandan women owe their skills to the women before them who passed on the knowledge from generation to generation—mother to daughter, grandmother to child. Uganda, officially known as the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country located in the central/east region of Africa. It borders Kenya, South Sudan, D.R. of the Congo, Tanzania, and Rwanda. It is geographically known for Lake Victoria which makes up for a large portion of its southern region. Uganda is within the Nile Basin, which causes equatorial climate conditions within the country. Uganda gained its independence from the UK in 1962 and the current capital is Kampala. Uganda is known for coffee, tea and other raw material exports, and now, today baskets and artisan craft are becoming a pride of the nation.