Colorful Fan Ornament
- 100% Fair Trade
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN GHANA
Imaginative, colorful, and sentimental, our elephant grass holiday ornaments make decorating fun!
Looking for a unique gift for coworkers or friends? These petite fan holiday ornaments create an unexpected surprise and delightful feel to gift giving . Our ornaments add a globally inspired decorative flair to your home decor or mantle decorations during the Holidays or just all year long!
- Approximately 1.5” W x 3.5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Ghana
- Product is made from all natural elephant grass fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality natural elephant grass fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Elephant grass is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Ghana.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
Meaning & Purpose
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process which might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Straw is collected and splitted then rolled/twisted for texture.
- Straw is dyed to give a vibrant color before weaving begins.
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.