14" Extra Large Multicolor Cheza Round Basket
- 100% Fair Trade
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN RWANDA
You won’t be able to keep your eyes off this gorgeous statement piece.
Our extra large woven basket is a true work of art. The 14” Rwanda basket is an exquisite centerpiece to any tabletop or as eye-catching wall decor. A must have for every home decor enthusiast! Looking to give a great gift? These versatile baskets are a fantastic choice! Use it as a statement piece or pair with other wall paintings or baskets. Each basket comes with a hand-stitched loop on the back so it arrives as ready to hang wall art.
This will soon become your favorite decorative piece in your home.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across rural Rwanda where sisal fibers are wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman over the course of roughly one week in her home in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Approximately 14” D x 4.5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Handmade in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall decor
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down then shake and tap to release crumbs
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
This product was handmade by an artisan in rural Rwanda, over a period of days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.
Kazi exists to create fair living wages, good working conditions and market access for artisans. Some might call this “fair trade”, we call it good business.
We are the first of 5 companies to receive the highly regarded Nest Seal. Every year we undergo an onsite audit in each country and with each cooperative to earn the right to mark our products with this important seal.
When you see the Nest Seal you have the confidence to know products have been ethically handcrafted in a home or small workshop. This means fair wages are paid, good working conditions are provided, there are no children or forced labor in the workforce, materials are traced and fairly sourced and all aspects of the production and material processes (like dyeing) are in consideration of the environment and safe working environments.
Shipping starts at $5 per order.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days. At this time, we do not ship internationally.